Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Political Football

Oh, President Bush looked so presidential during the State of the Union speech last night. So confident-seeming and on-message-esque.

Yes, but down to earth as well. When he was standing up there winking, I really felt he was winking at me.

True. The kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with.

I was impressed with his use of the word "rostrum."

I agree, it gave the appearance of intelligence, but mispronouncing "nuclear" a dozen times showed he isn't an elitist. He really hit this speech out of the ballpark. A home run.

He was positively Churchillian.

Did you say "Orwellian"?

No, Churchillian.

Oh. I agree. He really took the ball and ran with it. The president scored a touchdown last night.

So, what did you think of the actual content of the speech?

Um, slam-dunk?
Listed on BlogShares