Monday, July 17, 2006

Annoying, Annoying, Annoying

Dan Cheeks of Sock Puppets From Hell noted it here in the comments section, and I just saw it for my own bad self: HeadOn (Apply Directly to the Forehead!) has a friend.

Here's the new ad plaguing the airwaves of our great nation:
Freedom from hemorrhoids?
FREEdHEM hemorrhoid cream!

Freedom from hemorrhoids?
FREEdHEM hemorrhoid cream!

Freedom from hemorrhoids?
FREEdHEM hemorrhoid cream!
I swear I'd rather have hemorrhoids than have to sit through this commercial again. (Just kidding, God.)

David over at David's Tangled Thoughts has also noticed this deeply troubling phenomenon.

I wonder if it's some sort of subliminal attempt to appeal to Christians through the invocation of the Trinity. Anyway, to the master"mind" of these ads, a simple plea: Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

Update: At least they didn't copy the HeadOn! commercial exactly. I can see it now: FREEdHEM hemorrhoid cream! Apply directly to the..."
Listed on BlogShares