Friday, November 03, 2006

Kanye Says F**k That!

Kanye West doesn't care about white people. Well, not about Simian and Justice at least. They won Best Video honors at MTV's EMAs (a Euro version of the VMAs, I believe) for "We Are Your Friends" and the rapper apparently crashed the stage to complain about not winning the award for his "Touch the Sky" video.
Crashing the stage as winners Justice and Simian collected their silverwear [sic] for "We Are Your Friends", the hip hop star spat, "F*ck dis! (My video) cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons [not a reference to Pamela Anderson's breasts, -ed.] and sh*t! If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility. Nothing against you (J&S), but hell man."
Yes, he did just use the word "credibility" in reference to an MTV video awards show. It looks like, with Axl Rose in semi-permanent-maybe-retirement, someone has finally stepped in to fill the batshit crazy egomaniac vacuum in the music world. It's about time!

After the awards, West raged on at the press conference.
That is complete bullsh*t, I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything, it really made great TV. It took a month to film; I stood on a mountain [also not a reference to Pamela Anderson's breasts, -ed.]; I flew a heliocopter [sic] over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award.... Please press people print 'Kanye says f*ck that!'
Perhaps he can console himself with his millions and millions of dollars.

It wasn't all animosity from Kanye, though. He had no problem losing to Justin Timberlake for the Best Male award: "Obviously Justin should have won, he's on fire and he's an inspiration to me."

It's too bad the name Ludacris is already taken.
Listed on BlogShares