Monday, May 14, 2007

Failure of the Imagination

And I must admit, I can't image anything more awful than polygamy.

'Take my wives, please!'

That's my favorite quote from last week. It's Mitt Romney doing a little old-fashioned pandering in response to a Mike Wallace grilling on 60 Minutes.

Personally, I find it very difficult to believe that a connoisseur of such outlandish science fiction fare as L. Ron Hubbard's Battlefield Earth, the works of Orson Scott Card and The Pearl of Great Price couldn't muster up a more awful mental image than having another wife or six.

Come on, Mitt, it easy. How about atheism, or a brain virus that slowly feeds on and liquifies healthy grey matter until you become a FOX News contributor, or the Mountain Meadows massacre, or, heck, you becoming president?
Listed on BlogShares